Tuesday, December 30, 2008

December Books Bought

Not much to this one, which is nice on the wallet. And in both cases, the price was right.


Softspoken (2007) - Lucius Shepard

I checked out this book (maybe even this copy, since it is an ex-library) and got about two-thirds of the way through what I thought was something of a disappointment from Shepard when I realized how stunning it really was. I've been wanting to read it again and have been on the lookout for it. An ex-library copy is not my first choice, but the price was right. And who knows when I might see it again?
Ex-library hardcover; Price = $.50



The Name of the Wind (2007) - Patrick Rothfuss

It takes an awful lot of convincing to get me to read high fantasy these days, but I've heard nothing but good things about this one, a fat 722-pager from Patrick Rothfuss. I'm not sure when I'll be in the mood to tackle this, but again, the price was right. I'm willing to give it at least 100 pages sometime in 2009.
Mass market paperback; Price = $.50





TOTAL BOOK EXPENDITURES FOR DECEMBER: $1.00

No comments: