Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nerd Stats Part I

Over the next few days, I'll be geeking out with my lists of the Best Reads of 2008, listing my favorites in several different categories of fiction as well as non-fiction. I know, I'm really nerding out here. (But it's fun for me!)

Okay, if I stopped reading right now, today, I'd have read a total of 115 books in 2008. That's not counting graphic novels or picture books, but it does include J-Fiction, YA fiction, other fiction and all non-fiction. That's up about a dozen books from 2007, due in large part to audiobooks on the iPod. (Yes, I count audiobooks.) We'll get into more geek numbers as we go along, but for now, you can see that just over 60% of my reading this year was fiction. It sure felt like I read more non-fiction, but maybe that's because in the last month I read an awful lot of it.

The most books I read in one month was fourteen in March; the least (not counting December), eight in February.

Of the 115 books read, 32 of them were published in 2008.

More in the coming days. Nerd out!

No comments: