Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Reasons to Celebrate

I just read the news on Jeff Ford's blog that Glen Hirshberg's new collection American Morons will be coming out later this year. (Amazon has the date as October 1.)

In the meantime, if you haven't read Hirshberg's first collection, The Two Sams, I highly recommend it.

**************************

I walked into Gold's Gym last night and saw a notice that the contest winners could now pick up their prize money. Whoooot! I didn't get my hopes up that the check would even cover a dinner at Popeye's, so I wasn't too disappointed to find that each winner (There were 66 of us.) received $38.63. So subtracting the entry fee, I earned $13.63 - the hardest $13.63 I ever earned. But it was fun and I'm 12 pounds lighter and feel great.

Today's Short Story = "Hunting Meth Zombies in the Great Nebraskan Wasteland" - John Farris from The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror 18.

No comments: